To create & build awareness for the brand identity refresh for Animal Planet, when the channel turned 20.
The logo refresh was achieved by creating the #BlueElephant, a symbol that perfectly encapsulated the Animal Kingdom. Teasers were sent out on social media with #SomethingIsComing to entice the audience with the logo sans brand name. The #HappinessUnwraps mystery gift box was directly mailed to celebrities, animal activists, and influencers. The box contained treats, specially curated Animal card games, T-shirts, and more, branded with the #BlueElephant. This further created a hype around the logo without revealing what the #BlueElephant stood for.
1. The #SomethingIsComing campaign began with pre buzz on social and digital platforms. The pre buzz involved-
I. Teasers - These were short videos about the #BlueElephant, where hints were given about the new logo in a creative way.
II. Influencer Outreach - Influencers like Soha Ali Khan, Mini Mathur, Twinkle Khanna, etc. along with 120 followers received a #BlueElephant mystery box.
III. Digital PR - The #BlueElephant mystery box was covered by publications like ScoopWhoop, where they created intrigue in the mind of users.
2. The next phase involved the launch of the Animal Planet logo, which is the #BlueElephant.
The influencers who were a part of the pre buzz campaign also participated in the launch of the new logo by posting the promotional video with the new logo.
3. The final phase of #SomethingIsComing began was sustenance.
I. AP Refresh Tamil Music Video with Dhanush was launched in this phase.
II. Innovative engagement posts like a 360-degree post, puzzle post, etc were created to raise awareness about the logo launch.
III. Animal Planet India’s official website was launched in this phase.
IV. Along with the website, the YouTube channel was launched with a trailer video. 18 new videos were uploaded that instantly started gaining subscribers.
1. 120 people received the box where #HappinessUnwraps.
2. The campaign received a total of 44.3MN reach along with 52.4MN impressions across our social media platforms.
3. The videos garnered 13.5MN views in total.
4. The total engagement was around 2.7MN across all platforms.
Full Service / Creative