A single Google search yields several results, each leading to a different website where you can fetch the answers to your questions or research more about a product or service. Web development in its entirety focuses on building these colourful, responsive and functional websites. The several functionalities of web development automate a range of tasks and bridge the gap between consumers and providers through frontend and backend development.
Here, we will discuss the core differences between backend and frontend development and how they complement each other.
What is frontend development?
Frontend development or the client-side refers to everything experienced by users directly, i.e. text, colours, buttons, navigation menus and more. A frontend developer is skilled in User Interface and User Experience to breathe life into the design envisioned by you.
What are the main frontend languages?
Why is frontend development vital for your business website?
To maintain the interest of your clients, it is of primary importance to own a functional, clean and appealing website. Here is how frontend development can help you -
1) Frontend developers can help you attract high-quality leads by offering what they desire right away.
3) Frontend development also boosts consumer loyalty by facilitating simple recognition as it ties in with business logos, products and other branding aspects.
Now that we have elaborately discussed frontend development, let’s move on to backend development.
What is backend development?
Backend, simply put, is the behind the scenes aspect of your frontend development. The codes written in the backend analyse, fetch and revert the actions taken by the users on the frontend. Backend developers focus on linking all aspects of the frontend together with the databases.
What is the technology used for backend development?
Besides utilising the same building blocks as frontend developers, backend developers also work with software stacks that include operating systems, frameworks, languages, APIs, and more. .NET, MEAN, and LAMP are particularly popular, and they further include programming languages of choice such as Python, PHP or C#.
What makes backend development so important?
The best-looking frontend can fall flat without robust backend support. So, let us explore some of the benefits of backend development.
1) Security is the topmost priority in backend development to protect your data from breaches.
2) Quality backend coding adds functionality to frontend development and ensures a smooth user experience.
3) Backend acts as website structure and facilitates information transfer as it deals with three significant elements of a website - application, server and database.
Despite these differences, you must recognize that the frontend and backend are the flip sides of the same coin. If you want your website to look and function in the best way possible, it is critical for them to work well together.